Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Made My Day

Got cut off riding to class today. One of those scenarios where driver was looking left to turn right and would have run me right over if I hadn't been paying attention. I yelled "Hey" just to let him know I was there. He saw me after it would have already been too late.

I glanced over my shoulder after crossing the intersection and saw brake lights and the truck came to a stop on a main road. I prepared myself for the possibility of confrontation. . . . Instead I heard "Sorry man" shouted out an open window. I gave him a friendly wave and a shout before riding off with a smile on my face.

I drive, I understand close calls happen more easily than any of us would like, and I really appreciated him taking just a couple seconds to let me know he was sorry. Totally made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment