Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cabin Camping for Science

I made a quick research trip this week to check on a project I've had going all summer. Conveniently the research site has a public use cabin about 150meters away. I reserved a bunk and rode out late Wednesday afternoon on the Dummy.


Science and camping gear, plus a little bit of wood for the stove to make things a little bit cozier.


Everything was rolling along great until I ran into this. Since I hadn't packed a chainsaw I had to wrestle the loaded Dummy over this mess. The next day Mrs. and Little surprised me on the trail. She said she disconnected Little's trailer and lifted it over the tree without him waking up from his nap.



Long Load


I love the BOB sak packing method for Dummy camping. Everything stays dry and protected while riding and I can have the entire bike unloaded in about 1 minute. Especially nice if it is cold or raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment