Wednesday, February 23, 2011

To Each His Own, I guess




"Time to start getting down to an acceptable race weight. Good bye beer, sweets, regular Coke and all other things that keep me just a little bit happier!"
A friend posted this a while back. Reading it made me a little sad, and I felt some sympathy for him. Perhaps my feeling were misplaced, I don't know.

I haven't formerly raced a bike in a long time, I realized it took too much of the fun out of it for me. I found myself 'training' rather than simply enjoy each ride.

I do know that I snuck out for a ride this afternoon. Sunshine on snow packed trails. I know that I thoroughly enjoyed sipping my coffee when I stopped for quick breaks. I can tell you which sections of trail were ripping fast and flowing, and I can tell you that I had an ear to ear grin plastered across my face the whole time.



"when people race, we all lose." -Surlyblog

No comments:

Post a Comment